Whenever I think about which country exactly I would like to visit, a large number of countries come to my mind, places with beautiful nature and cultures completely opposite to the western one, but being honest, the countries that I like the most are mostly associated with my own interests and fondness.

One of those countries is Japan, an island country in East Asia, known as 'The land of the rising sun' and is one of the largest powers in the world. This country attract my attention with all its culture and tradition, I think that to go to this country is the best decision a traveler can make. You don’t need to worry about security, because it’s extremely safe, its people are very polite, the gastronomy is innovative and exquisite, and it has very beautiful festivals

It’s worldwide known that manga and anime are very popular in this country and it's one of the things that has captivated me since I was a kid about Japanese culture. In Japan, the level of manga consumption is so high that they sell more than 2 million copies of manga every year. As crazy as it sounds, they use more paper to produce comic strips and other comics than they do to produce toilet paper.

In Japan you eat wonderfully, I think it's one of the healthiest and most sophisticated cuisines I've seen. Japanese gastronomy is one more proof of the amazing culture that exists in the country. They eat with moderation, a wide variety of foods at each meal in small portions. The obesity rate is the lowest among developed countries

A fun fact thing about food is that the sounds you make while eating are appropriate here. it's peculiar that to let someone know that you are enjoying their food, slurping or belching is appropriate and indicates good manners

In Japan there’s a word to make reference to traditional cuisine, it's WASHOKU. In 2013 the health benefits and particular characteristics of WASHOKU were recognized by UNESCO as Intangible Cultural Heritage. This concept does not focus on the food itself, but on the culture connect to it. It’s a set of techniques, knowledge and traditions related to the preparation, presentation and consumption of food, It’s based on honor for nature and the use of fresh, regional and seasonal ingredients.

I love Japanese culture and its traditions, but unfortunately my tastes do not go beyond visiting this beautiful country as a tourist. Even with considering it one of the safest and calmest countries, the overpopulation that exists is a characteristic that worries me. For the Japanese it is normal to make endless lines for everything, and in cities like Tokyo, public places and especially transport systems are congested almost all the time

besides, I consider that being a Latin woman in Japan is one of the biggest problems to fit into this country. Its culture is characterized by having a high rate of gender inequality in its labor system and within its customs. however, i hope one day to go to visit this country and know its beautiful nature and its unique gastronomy, but I definitely would not stay for more than a month in it.



 
 








Comentarios

Entradas populares